There is a possible situation when you have no internet connection in your android device but you still have an internet connection in your laptop. I don’t need to explain what the reason of that situation could be happen, but I will try to give you a solution.
If you using Windows operating system on your Laptop, first thing to do is making your laptop as a WIFI hot-spot by using Microsoft WIFi Miniport and here is the way
- Click Start button and type cmd on the search form and right click on it and click Run as Administrator
- Type netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=examplessid key=examplepass
- Press Enter to create a hotspot.
- Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Press Enter to start a hot-spot.
Now you already make your laptop as a WIFI Hotspot and try to scan it through your android device and surely it will be available there. Since modern network adapter using APIPA (Automatic Private Internet Protocol Adressing) so don’t need to set IP address for your small network (android – laptop).
Next step is to share your internet connection via ICS by following these steps
- Open Network and Sharing Center and click Change Adapter settings
- Right Click on your internet connection adapter and click Properties then click Sharing tab
- Check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection and choose your previous hot-spot network.
- Click Ok
Restart your internet connection and try to access internet from your android device. I hope this tutorial will make you more comfortable with your internet and computer.